- The Control of program was took from program Taclog.
- The support of most EU contests. It's possible to have open more contest logs than one in one time.
- The export of contest logs to EDI and some other formats
- The export to ADIF and HTML formats.
- It is possible to work with the most kinds of terminals or under X11 using SDL library
- It is possible to work remotelly by using ssh or telnet (as putty).
- Easy instalation - only one binary is sufficient for base usage.
- You can control your rig (SSB PTT and CW). Is also possible to send SSB and CW CQ or transmit CW directly by typing from keyboard.
- Single items (Callsign, WWL, report, etc.) are automatically identified and inserted.
- The searching of typed-in string (Callsign, WWL) in actual log, in logs from other bands and in the C_W database of couple Callsign/WWL. It runs on background.
- Is possible to write remark for a QSO directly from input line or to set QSL card flag.
- The Wizard for creating a new contest. It automatically sets parameters of a selected contest
- You can work on more bands on several computers. Then you have information about QSOs from all bands on all computers. You can open log from one band on several computers (used for the second operating station)
- Is possible to run more than one process of Tucnak on one computer (server).
- The support of many languages if somebody translates it from English or Czech :). Currently English, Czech, Slovak, German and Portuguese.
- All the written items of QSO (or part of QSO) are written also to the swap file. If your computer crashes you can read QSO data from this swap file with simple ASCII editor, e.g. Vim.
- The Automatic saving data to disk and diskette.
- Record of contest to WAV files by a few possible codings (PCM, ADPCM, x-law, GSM coding).
- Record volume monitoring.
- Unrecognized input strings are not deleted but they are displayed.
- The saving incomplete QSO and the marking of it.
- The Database of couple Callsign, World Wide Locator and QRV bands
- The Database of DXCC, valid locators for DXCC, locators with high activity from DXCC or middle locators of DXCC. It uses files cty.dat from K1EA and tucnakdw.
- The cross control couple callsign - locator.
- Import of VHF database by DL8EBW
- The basic statistics - number of worked DXCC and WWL
- There is a color world map with worked QSO in graphic mode.
- The executing shell in one of tucnak window. You can simple connect it to packet radio by programs for example node, call or telnet.
- Connecting to very popular ON4KST chat with call and "session" highlighting.
- The talking with other running Tucnaks similary as in WW-Convers (talk window).
- The sending of skeds to other (higher) bands.
- The DX spot handling from shell windows and putting it to the bandmap
- Loading configuration and C_W database over the net.
- Spying of other operator's inputline and working QSO
- Antenna rotators control
- Tucnak is a free software distributed under the GNU General Public License.
- Packages for Debian and Debian-like Linux distributions