Remark: Character ~ (tilde) is short cut of user home directory (bash# echo $HOME).
Files which are described below are saved in plain text format. Is possible to edit these files but it is necessary to keep format of files. In other case Tucnak shouldn't work properly.
- tucnak - is one binary file. If Tucnak is install from source code it's installed to /usr/local/bin. If Tucnak is install from package it's installed to /usr/bin mostly.
- tucnakrc - configuration file of Tucnak program. Tucnak reads this file from directory ~/tucnak/. When it don't found configuration file in ~/tucnak/ it reads from /etc. File is saved only to ~/tucnak/ directory.
- tucnakrc.local - This file has the same structure as tucnakrc file. Is determine to set specific local options as define LPT address e.g. cwda_port = 0x3bc. Tucnak only reads this file and it is necessary to create and edit it manually.
- tucnakcw - File with apair callsign-locator. Each callsign has saved maximally two locators.
- tucnakdw -File with information about DXCC countries. Each country has saved information about possible large squares and centre of activity in the country. Tucnak doesn't write to this file. The file is read from directories /etc/ and ~/tucnak/.
- cty.dat - Follows up information to tucnakdw. Tucnak don't write to this file. The file is read from directories /etc/ and ~/tucnak/.
- tucnakwiz - this file contains information about contest as kind of pointing, etc. Tucnak doesn't write to this file. The file is read from /etc/ and ~/tucnak/.
- tucnakcor - (since 1.00). It's readed from ~/tucnak. When it fails then it's read from /usr(/local)/share1/tucnak/. It's data for generating the polar world wide map.
Each contest is saved to differed directory. Name of directories is created from date of contest e.g. ~/tucnak/2003083.1. It is possible to have many contest in one day or one contest on one computer under one user (thought telnet, ssh) with many running Tucnaks. Each contest with the same date has different number behind point.
Files in ~/tucnak/<date>:
- <letter>.txt e.g. c.txt, e.txt. This files are main files for individual bands. Files use information about station, QTH, points of both finished and unfinished contacts. Format is compatible with EDI format and should be accepted by organizer of contest. Files has DOS end of line (`\n' `\r').
- <letter>.swp eg. c.swp, e.swp. are files where is saved all typed text from input line ended by enter key. You are able to reconstruct all reports manually from this file. desc - contains information displayed during start of contest as date of contest, callsign and name of contest.
- desc - contains information displayed in start of contest as date of contest, callsign and name of contest.
- log - content of log window.
- sked - information about received skeds
- talk - content of talk window. That's good idea to read after contest :-).
Band's label are marked according to EDI format e.g. `50 MHz', `70 MHz', ..... `248 GHz'. All bands has assigned one letter label which is used on place where isn't enough place.